At Wertheimer Box, we do more than just take box orders. Our account representatives are seasoned professionals who provide consultative packaging guidance.
READ on to discover how one of those reps, Pat Delaney, helped his clients create customized, branded new packaging for its product launch.
In late 2021, the owners of Halo 7™ Rum, a new Chicago-based craft spirits producer, contacted Wertheimer Box. The co-owners requested a packaging consultation.
They were excited to launch their product, which would soon be available both online and in retail stores.
We promptly responded to the request and investigated their packaging needs.
Our Complete Packaging Solutions
At Wertheimer Box, we applied our vast industry experience and determined that Halo 7 Rum needed launch packaging that would:
- Reflect the high-quality of its rum
- Feature the Halo 7 brand
- Protect the glass bottles from breakage
- Stand out from competitors
- Showcase its products and foster sales
- Be cost-effective
- Offer a quick production turnaround
In this case, we recommended digital printing for the company’s packaging. Here’s why.
Digital printing is an excellent packaging print option for new launches. First, it checked off all our objectives listed above. Plus, it provides the following advantages:
- Can be produced at a lower per unit cost for small volume runs
- Doesn’t require the start-up expense of a print plate
- Enables new companies to test various marketing messages and experiment with ideas
- Can create a high-end, luxury appearance
- Allows experimenting with regional messaging or distinct designs
By contrast, traditional options for printing on corrugated:
- Tend to be less expensive per unit for high-volume runs, i.e., typically hundreds, thousands, or tens of thousands of boxes.
- Require the creation of a print plate—a one-time cost, for each new design, message, or box size
We now provide the packaging for Halo 7 Rum. The launch has been a huge success. The box design and packaging mirror the quality of the product. As shown in the image, the boxes were prominently displayed at the company’s 2022 launch party.
The Owners of Halo 7 wrote us the following testimonial.
“As a premium craft rum brand, we were in need of a company that understood our vision. From the beginning, Wertheimer Box Corp. set the bar high.
From personalized greetings from the owner, Doug Wertheimer, to an amazing set of staff that offered a personalized tour of the warehouse to better understand the process.
Who knew designing boxes could be so fun! We cried when we saw the final product. Ultimately, Pat Delaney helped bring our vision to life.”
The Moral of the Story
We often recommend digital printing for entry-level customers, because they initially require fewer boxes annually. Digital printing is an excellent stepping stone to other types of print options. This corrugated printing option:
- Offers low-cost-per-unit production for small-volume runs
- Enables lower-cost experimentation with different marketing messages and print designs (because it doesn’t require a new print plate for each option)
- It can convey luxury when produced in combination with a high-end design
Get More Industry News Like This
Welcome to the Wertheimer Family! We'd like to keep you up to date with industry changes and news. Subscribe to receive our occasional news, updates and articles direct to your in-box.